The Bowen technique addresses the entire body and can produce a wide range of benefits:
• A unique
sense of relaxation
• Reduces stress
• Balances muscular tension
• Increases the range of joint motion and flexibility
• Improves posture
• Better quality sleep
• Helps with the elimination of toxins
• Improves breathing and absorption of oxygen in the lungs
• Reduces chronic pain
• Often improves psychological symptoms
• Improves energy levels
• Strengthens the immune system
• Enhances the body’s own innate healing
• Increased sense of calmness and wellbeing.
What is the Bowen Technique?
The Bowen technique consists of a rolling motion over muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. It is a series of precise, painless and gentle moves which are applied over bare skin or light clothing, which can improve the energy flow in the body and aid in self-healing. A unique feature of the Bowen Technique is the frequent pauses between each set of moves. These are given to allow the body to respond to the moves and integrate the changes resulting by the moves.
The Bowen technique (often referred to as Bowen therapy) plays an important role in balancing energy levels in the body, releasing muscle and nervous tension and revitalising a congested lymphatic system which is often responsible for a variety of pain and inflammation in the body. This therapeutic and deeply relaxing technique can enhance wellbeing on all levels physically, mentally and emotionally. It is a unique, gentle and effective technique that can tap into the body’s own innate intelligence and its ability to heal itself.
Conditions that have been known to respond to the Bowen Technique
This gentle and non-invasive method has successfully assisted a wide range of health problems. It has also been helpful in preventing many unnecessary surgical procedures. The Bowen Technique been found to achieve excellent results with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions. Conditions that can respond well include but are not limited to:
Depression & Stress-related conditions
• Back pain, Sciatica & Spinal problems
• Digestive & Bowel problems
• Chronic Fatigue, ME, Fibromyalgia
• Sports Injuries
• Headaches, Migraines
• Hormonal Imbalances
• Post-operative recovery
• Respiratory conditions
• Gynecological conditions (also infertility)
• Whiplash injuries
• Carpal Tunnel & Repetitive Strain Injuries
• Post-Dental trauma, temporo-mandibular joint problems, jaw disorders (e.g. clicking)
• Newborn baby problems (e.g. colic, feeding problems & sleep-related problems)
• Joint problems (e.g. Tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, ankle & knee problems)
Duration: 1hr to 1hr 15mins approx.